TEN is a dynamic, fast-growing organization, and we are always looking for enterprising individuals to join our team.
Auditor/Designer, Midwest Market
The Efficiency Network (TEN) is a next-generation energy efficiency integration company located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that is revolutionizing the way customers achieve energy and water efficiency goals. We combine cutting-edge automated technologies with industry expertise to remove excessive costs and complexities from project engineering, finance and construction. Our team of leading energy, financial and construction industry professionals provide comprehensive solutions on an accelerated timeline so our customers can start to reap the benefits sooner than with traditional efficiency approaches.
Reporting to The Efficiency Network’s (TEN) Manager, Design Services, an Auditor/Designer is accountable to provide energy efficiency building system assessment and design expertise. The responsibility of this position is dynamic, challenging and multi-faceted. Building and site assessment, system improvement design, project estimates (including costs and savings), project description write-ups and assistance with preparation of construction documentation and coordination are all part of this position.
Auditing & Design
- Audit, analyze, and quantify building systems and energy consumption through the collection of site, system and any other data required;
- Identify, develop and design building system energy efficiency projects and related savings opportunities at customer facilities:
- Assist in the development of energy baselines and measurement and verification (M&V) strategies related to building systems;
- Assist with the calculation of utility, operational and ancillary savings, and the generation of customer reports related to building system improvements;
- Mentor other, less experienced team members;
- Support the successful delivery and installation of energy efficiency projects through coordination and communication with customers, contractors and the company’s project managers;
- Participate in customer meetings and presentations (if needed), cultivate customer relationships, and identify new opportunities within customer accounts;
- Provide guidance to the customer as they assess which company proposed projects to move forward with;
- Assist in developing and cultivating effective business relationships with target customers and communicate project scopes to meet customer business goals and achieve Company sales and revenue objectives;
- Liaise with customer staff and contractors on behalf of the Company to ensure that the customer’s concerns are being addressed through the installation of projects;
- Maintain periodic contact with customers to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Advanced understanding of energy efficiency building opportunities;
- Advanced understanding of project estimating, especially as it relates to building mechanical and electrical system installations;
- Appreciation for and understanding of the information required by customers to make energy efficiency decisions, particularly the cost of installing energy efficiency projects;
- Ability to identify and validate the incremental cost of all energy efficiency projects;
- Ability to work well with other team members to drive company growth and success;
- Knowledge of engineering and construction practices in retrofit / renovation applications obtained through demonstrated experience;
- Strong customer focus with well-developed customer relations skills;
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to organize multiple priorities and to set and meet personal goals and deadlines;
- Ability to use a computer, word processing, presentation, spread sheeting software and mobile applications;
- Ability to work with and make recommendations on project scheduling software;
- Ability to work with diversified workforce;
- Additional qualifications in business or risk management a plus;
- Prior relevant experiences in the energy industry are not mandatory, but are a plus.
- Proven leadership ability and desire;
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong tactical skills;
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Exceptional service orientation;
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based, entrepreneurial culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is interested in being a contributing part of a dynamic, fast-growing organization and, someone who is interested in and committed to growing with the organization long term.
The Efficiency Network is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship or veteran status.