TEN is a dynamic, fast-growing organization, and we are always looking for enterprising individuals to join our team.
Business Development Manager, Mid-Atlantic Region
The Efficiency Network (TEN) is a next-generation energy services company that is revolutionizing the way customers achieve energy and water efficiency goals. We combine cutting-edge automated technologies with industry expertise to remove excessive costs and complexities from project engineering, finance and construction. Our team of leading energy, financial and construction industry professionals provide comprehensive solutions on an accelerated timeline so our customers can start to reap the benefits sooner than with traditional efficiency approaches.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) for the Mid-Atlantic Region is responsible for securing contracts for the Company, developing and maintaining a strategic partner network in their region, cultivating customer relationships and ensuring delivery of customer proposed solutions. The Business Development Manager has a strong background in the successful development and sale of energy related products or solutions combined with excellent management skills. The Business Development Manager’s role is to align regional business development practices and solutions with company processes and the appropriate business development strategies to achieve successful projects for customers.
Our company requires a business development executive for the Mid-Atlantic Region who can identify potential deals, help develop the tactics, and work as a team to bring them to fruition. This region is defined primarily as being eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, Delaware, New Jersey and lower New York. This employee will need to actively participate in the business development function in an effective, aggressive manner. These needs, and the responsibilities and competencies that follow, are essential and establish the necessary professional background and experience parameters for the successful candidate. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Business Development.
- Drive sales and revenue in the region;
- Day-to-day execution of the company’s business development plan for the region and specific projects and market sectors;
- Participate in strategizing the company’s business development and channel development strategies for the region;
- Identify, engage, develop and maintain strategic partnerships with channel partners;
- Develop and maintain client relationships while facilitating project development through the TEN project development process.
- Promote the desired work ethic, culture and values of the business development group;
- Through personal example, establish the style and approach which will characterize the Company’s dealings with the region;
- Communicate regional business alignment plans to fellow team members, partners, customers, and stakeholders;
- Work with the company’s Outreach Coordinator to develop business case summaries and cost/benefit analyses for the considered partnerships;
- Lead the effort to recruit regional staff.
CompetenciesFormal Education & Certification
- University degree in business administration and/or management or other related business development field.
Knowledge & Experience
- 7 years plus of successful business development, marketing, and/or sales experience;
- Experience working in the energy efficiency industry is preferred;
- A solid understanding of the region and a network of contacts in related, targeted markets;
- Experience marketing or selling contracted services for existing buildings to various customer types and sizes;
- Knowledge of building systems and advancements in building system technologies, including lighting systems, heating and cooling systems, control systems, building envelope, water consuming equipment, and interconnected building system processes;
- Experience developing, and/or managing solution sales;
- Exposure to business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and real estate finance;
- An entrepreneurial spirit;
- Customer-focused attitude;
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed;
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong tactical skills;
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Exceptional service orientation;
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based, entrepreneurial culture with very competitive goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is interested in being a contributing part of a dynamic, fast- growing organization and, someone who is interested in and committed to growing with the organization long term.
The Efficiency Network is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship or veteran status.