TEN is a dynamic, fast-growing organization, and we are always looking for enterprising individuals to join our team.
Energy Engineer, Pittsburgh Region
The Efficiency Network (TEN) is a next-generation energy efficiency integration company that is revolutionizing the way customers achieve energy and water efficiency goals. We combine cutting-edge automated technologies with industry expertise to remove excessive costs and complexities from project engineering, finance and construction. Our team of leading energy, financial and construction industry professionals provide comprehensive solutions on an accelerated timeline so our customers can start to reap the benefits sooner than with traditional efficiency approaches.
The primary responsibility of the Energy Engineer will be to assist in the development, award and signing of energy efficiency contracts with customers of the company. As an Energy Engineer, the Employee serves as the technical resource to the sales and operations teams responsible for identifying and understanding the energy and operational improvement opportunities within a customer's facility. The Energy Engineer reviews facility assessments performed by our Efficiency Agents and develops comprehensive, cost-effective technical solutions that increase the energy and operational efficiency of the customer’s facility. This position is also responsible for helping to establish energy efficiency design criteria to further enhance the Company’s engineering deliverables.
- Identify and develop energy efficiency strategies at customer facilities;
- Determine energy baseline, develop measurement and verification (M&V) methodologies;
- Calculate utility, operational and ancillary savings, and generate financial justification reports;
- Analyze and quantify energy consumption and savings opportunities;
- Participate in customer interviews, cultivating customer relationships, and identifying new efficiency opportunities within customer accounts;
- Serve as the technical expert during all project activity;
- Assist in developing and cultivating effective business relationships with target customers and communicate full scope of Company’s efficiency strategies to meet customer business goals and achieve Company’s sales objectives;
- Provide technical sales support and coordination, both internally to other team members and externally to Customers;
- Assist other team members in the development of energy efficiency projects by collecting valuable site and any other related data required;
- Trouble-shoot problems arising at the Customer’s facility;
- Assist with the surveying of buildings and identification of possible energy and water efficiency projects;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Travel, as required (valid driver’s license at all times);
Knowledge & Experience
Formal Education & Certification
- ABET Accredited University degree in the field of engineering.
- A current professional engineer’s license in at least one state is preferred.
Knowledge & Expertise
- Minimum of 5 years of energy engineering experience is required;
- Knowledge of engineering and construction practices in retrofit / renovation applications obtained through demonstrated experience;
- Certain knowledge of occupational health, safety and environmental regulations, legislation, codes and standards;
- Strong customer-focus with well-developed customer relations skills;
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner;
- Working knowledge of energy efficiency calculations and spreadsheets;
- Ability to organize multiple priorities and to set and meet personal goals and deadlines;
- Confidence and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to use a computer and general word processing and spread-sheeting software;
- Ability to write technical reports;
- Ability to work with consultants and facilities management staff while assessing and implementing energy efficiency projects;
- Ability to work with diversified workforce
- An entrepreneurial spirit;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Exceptional service orientation;
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based, entrepreneurial culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is interested in being a contributing part of a dynamic, fast-growing organization and, someone who is interested in and committed to growing with the organization long term.
The Efficiency Network is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship or veteran status.