TEN is a dynamic, fast-growing organization, and we are always looking for enterprising individuals to join our team.
The Efficiency Network (TEN) is a next-generation energy efficiency integration company located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that is revolutionizing the way customers achieve energy and water efficiency goals. We combine cutting-edge automated technologies with industry expertise to remove excessive costs and complexities from project engineering, finance and construction. Our team of leading energy, financial and construction industry professionals provide comprehensive solutions on an accelerated timeline so our customers can start to reap the benefits sooner than with traditional efficiency approaches.
Reporting to The Efficiency Network’s (TEN) Vice President, Project Development, a Program Developer is accountable for assisting in all assigned project development activities assigned at TEN. The primary responsibility of the Program Developer will be to assist in the development, award and signing of contracts with customers of TEN. A Program Developer’s principal duties are to identify and develop opportunities, within the Company’s range of interest and expertise, which translate into customer contracts and profitable revenue for the Company. Maintaining and participating in daily communications with and helping direct the activities of the development team (internal and external) will be key to success in this role.
- Assist in developing and cultivating effective business relationships with target customers and communicate full scope of company solutions and services to meet customers’ business goals and achieve company sales and profitability objectives;
- Support the growth of the TEN’s goal of securing recurring and sequential project revenues through contacts with customers interested in a programmatic solution to their energy service needs;
- Provide technical sales support and coordination, both internally and externally;
- Communicate with decision makers and other potential customer representatives to develop positive relationships to secure the sale of the company’s offering;
- Promote business activity by coordinating developing and presenting concepts and preliminary form or in oral presentation format;
- Provide internal technical guidance and project support to ensure full achievement of customer satisfaction;
- With the assistance of Business Development and Engineering coordinate company’s project development team to meet customer and company expectations through the following processes occurring primarily in the steps preceding the contract signing and construction phase of the project. Program process to include but not limited to the following: feasibility and education, request for qualification (RFQ) responses, and request for proposal (RFP) development (if required);
- Investment grade audit development and measurement and verification plan development negotiation and maintenance;
- Maintain periodic contact with customer throughout the term of the contact to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Travel, as required (valid driver’s license at all times);
- Understanding of TEN’s internal sales processes for both public and private sector opportunities;
- Understanding of the technical and financial aspects of the ESCO business;
- Ability to identify project viability on both technical and on-technical fronts;
- Ability to work well with sales managers and engineers in the sales process to ensure success and fluent integration toward executed contacts for the company;
- Ability to develop subcontractor/vendor relationships and regional strategic partnerships for specific projects;
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience required (in the energy services market place is a plus);
- Knowledge of engineering and construction practices in retrofit / renovation applications obtained through demonstrated experience;
- Strong customer focus with well-developed customer relations skills;
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner;
- Ability to organize multiple priorities and to set and meet multiple personal goals and deadlines;
- Confidence and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to use a computer and general word processing, presentation and spread sheeting software;
- Ability to write presentations, sales documents and technical reports;
- Ability to work with a diversified workforce;
- Additional qualifications in business or risk management a plus;
- A prior relevant experience in the energy industry is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Proven leadership ability and desire;
- An entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong tactical skills;
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Exceptional service orientation;
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative-environment.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based, entrepreneurial culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is interested in being a contributing part of a dynamic, fast-growing organization and, someone who is interested in and committed to growing with the organization long term.
The Efficiency Network is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship or veteran status.