LED Street Lighting Upgrade and Smart Cities Project
The City of Portland, ME selected TEN via a highly competitive procurement process.
Buy the city's streetlights from the local utility
Upgrade all street lights and pedestrian lights to highly-efficient LED fixtures
Reduce outages (and improve lighting quality) in every neighborhood in the city
Implement high-impact Smart Cities technologies (safety, quality of life, new services for residents)
Portland is the largest city in Maine - almost 500,000 residents call the greater Portland area home - with a rich history that dates back to the birth of our nation.
Portland has a thriving economy with an active port, a great workforce, and amazing recreational opportunities for residents and visitors alike.
- Upgraded over 6,000 streetlights to high efficiency LED fixtures
- Upgraded ~700 historically-significant decorative fixtures
- Designed and installed a lighting control system to provide state of the art capabilities now and for the future
- Delivered a detailed, continuously-updated inventory of new assets, integrated into the City’s GIS system
- Managed all aspects of the project including engineering, procurement, construction, and rebate application and administration